Connect with your audiences and stand out from the crowd by working with a firm that brings to your table decades of experience in journalism, public relations and community affairs in Fortune 500, nonprofit and trade association settings.
Weiss Communications, Inc. is a certified, woman-owned business that provides companies and nonprofit organizations with personalized, full-service public relations. Phyllis Weiss, who opened this PR firm in 1998, began her career as a newspaper journalist in the Washington, D.C. metro area, and has worked across all PR disciplines in management positions with AT&T, the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials and the Metro Atlanta Chamber.
Her work has been recognized with a first-place award in speechwriting and an honorable mention in internal communications from the International Association of Business Communicators, Atlanta chapter, first-place reporting awards from the National School Boards Association and the Maryland-Delaware-D.C. Press Association, a National Media Award for Economic Understanding from Dartmouth College's Amos Tuck School of Business Administration and seven PRO Awards honoring professional excellence in public relations at AT&T.
She earned her B.S. degree in journalism from the University of Maryland, and is a graduate of Penn State's Executive Program in Developing Managerial Effectiveness. Phyllis also is a graduate of Leadership Atlanta and Atlanta's Midtown Alliance Leadership program.
Reach audiences vital to your success
Weiss Communications, Inc. provides:
- Strategic communications planning and execution
- Media relations
- Executive and employee communications
- Marketing communications
- Web development and content
- Annual reports and brochures
- Brand enhancement including social media
- Community relations
- Crisis communications
- Project management
Proven results for valued clients
- Developed stewardship reports, toolkits, web content, speeches and executive communications as well as media relations and sponsorship strategies for SUEZ.
- Created collateral materials for a $10 million major gifts campaign by Sheltering Arms and a $35 million capital campaign by Marist School.
- Generated worldwide media coverage about Atlanta's revitalized East Lake neighborhood and East Lake Golf Club.
- Developed a media relations campaign that increased awareness of the retinal disease,
Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD), by placing stories in Newsweek, USA Today, and Parade Magazine, among others.
- Helped increase The Coca-Cola Company and AT&T employee donations to the United Way by serving as a project manager and creating the communications strategy and collateral materials for several successful giving campaigns.
- Prepared speeches for key executives delivered to audiences at the British-American Business Council Conference, the Atlanta premiere of the film, Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius, the Fulton County Schools' Leadership Conference, the Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges, and the Chautauqua Institution, among others.
Join the list of satisfied clients
- AMD Alliance International
- Burst Video/Film
- Coxe Curry & Associates
- Delta Air Lines
- Derby Divas™
- Drew Charter School
- East Lake Foundation
- East Lake Golf Club
- FM Communications
- Georgia State University
College of Law
- Institute for People and Technology
at Georgia Tech
- Koslow Law Offices
- Lucent Technologies
- Marist School
- Mercy Housing
- Metropolitan Atlanta Arts Fund
- Montessori Partnerships for Georgia
- Ponce Realty
- PS Energy Group, Inc.
- Republic National Distributing Company
- Sheltering Arms Early Education and Family Centers
- SunTrust Banks, Inc.
- The 12 Lives of Sissy Carlyle, independent feature film
- The Coca-Cola Company
- The First Tee® of East Lake
- The Leatherbury Group
- The Lupus Foundation of America (Georgia Chapter, Inc.)
- "As a dedicated professional, Phyllis Weiss has provided an array of valuable services including
community relations consultation, communications expertise, and project management. Phyllis
has great interpersonal skills that allow her to work effectively with others."
Helen Smith Price, President, The Coca-Cola Foundation, and Vice President,
Global Community Affairs
- "I have worked with Phyllis Weiss for over 15 years and she is the consummate PR
professional. She has great ideas and she has the unique ability of translating those ideas into
an effective and comprehensive communications plan."
Ray Robinson, President Emeritus, East Lake Golf Club, and former President of AT&T's Southern Region
- "Phyllis Weiss is a smart, dedicated professional who provides a creative and strategic approach
to every project she touches. She is terrific to work with on complex projects."
Carol Naughton, former Executive Director, East Lake Foundation, and
President, Purpose Built Communities
- "I have worked with a number of writers and Phyllis is by far the best. She quickly understood our objectives, had a great eye for detail, delivered professional results, and was a pleasure to work with. She has truly made a difference in our branding and communication activities."
Renata LeDantec, Assistant Director, Institute for People and Technology